Planner Power Perspective: A blog series for engaged couples during the Pandemic/Covid-19 crisis. Brought to you by a group of wedding planner professionals in Southern California.
Please enjoy the first blog in the series…What to expect when you start wedding dress shopping, post Covid-19.
Wedding dress shopping is so much fun! It’s something that all brides look forward to. We all watch “Say Yes to the Dress” and we want that moment where you find “The One”. You want to be with your closest friends and family during this special time. You want to pop that champagne and celebrate one of your biggest accomplishments of wedding planning. Unfortunately, a lot of brides had to postpone all of this due to an unexpected pandemic caused by Covid-19.
Face masks available at Saint Clark Bridal Suite
Covid-19 has caused so many tears and heartaches. Woman had appointments to try on wedding dresses. But, after the “Stay at Home” order was enforced, they had to cancel or postpone their appointments with bridal salons.
Photo Courtesy: A Saint-Clark Bride – Pre-Covid-19
Now that we are starting to see the country slowly reopen, we are all getting excited! But, things won’t be the way they used to be. Wedding gown shopping won’t look the same for a long while. And, that’s okay. Brides will be able to try on dresses again and find their perfect gown.
Here are some changes you may expect to see when you’re ready to start shopping!
- Most bridal salons will be “by appointment only”. They will not allow walk-ins, even if it’s to just browse. Be sure to inquire with the salon of your choice as soon as possible. Some won’t have available appointments for weeks. *Ask about private appointments. There may be an additional charge applied, but may be worth it.
- You may have planned to bring your entourage, and that’s great! But, be prepared for limited guests to be with you. Salons may limit your party to the bride and 1 to 2 adult guests.
- Face coverings will most likely be required by bridal salons to be worn during your entire appointment. Think about bringing a fancy face mask! Make it fun!
- The bridal salon may ask the bride to wear gloves while trying on gowns.
- When you first enter the salon for your appointment, be prepared to have your entire party sign in with their personal contact information. This may be a city mandate for contact tracing purposes. This gives the shop the proper information so they can contact you if they learn someone who has visited their shop contracts Covid.
- Your temperatures may be taken before your appointment begins. Again, this may be a city mandate and may not be negotiable.
Bridal salons are trying their best for their clients to have a fun and safe appointment. Safety is their number one concern during these difficult times. Do not be afraid to ask them questions. Perhaps you’re concerned about the cleanliness of gowns previously tried on by other brides. Or you want to know if they are making hand sanitizer readily available to their clients.
When you’re ready to make that appointment, be prepared both mentally and financially. Times can be so unpredictable right now. How amazing will it be to say “Yes to the Dress” and cross that off your list?
Below are a couple of our favorite salons! Be sure you let them know that Ink & Rose Events sent you!
Saint-Clark Bridal Suite located in lovely old town Monrovia, CA – Open Tuesday thru Saturday. By appointment only. Private appointments are available at an additional fee. A variety of gowns available in many styles, colors and sizes, including plus size. You can also find hand-picked and handmade accessories to complete your bridal look. Custom alterations are available. Price range from $1150 to $3500.
Lili Bridals located in Tarzana, CA – Open Tuesday thru Saturday by appointment only. A variety of gowns are available in many styles, colors and sizes. You can also find hand-picked and handmade accessories to complete your bridal look. Custom alterations are available. Prices range from $1150 to $5500.
Be sure to read the entire series, brought to you by a an amazing and talented group of wedding planners. You can find the links below! Our next featured blogger is Cassie from Cassie Howard Events!
Blog 2: What to expect upon arrival – Cassie Howard Events
Blog 3: How will your ceremony look? – Nahid’s Global Events
Blog 4: How will cocktail hour be different? – Meridian Events
Blog 5: What to expect during wedding receptions – Ebeling Events
Blog 6: What will wedding receptions look like? – The Blushing Details
Blog 8: Wedding Insurance for Future Weddings – Dee Lee Designs